Friday 20 June 2014

Holo Meltdown, Drips

Hello!

Nothing new about 'drips' in nail art, but I had never done a drip mani before, and since I'm on a holo kick right now, this is what I came up with.

holo drips in direct sun

To achieve this look I started with 2 coats of I Love Nail Polish Bottle Service. I really like this shade, you don't see 'warm' silvers too often, but this has an almost imperceptible rose-gold glow from within. 

in shade
Very carefully, using the bottle brush, I painted on thin streaks of 3 colours on each nail: Emily de Molly Cool, Calm & Collected (turquoise-y blue), Cirque Vesuvius (deep pink), and Emily de Molly Moment of Impact (purple).

in shade
I then went back with different sized dotting tools and added a final 'drip' to the end of the streaks.
I considered adding more shading to make it all appear more 3D, but opted out - I find holographic polish obscures details, but maybe next time I try a drip mani I'll use cremes.

direct sun
I'm pleased with my first try, and I'm happy to add this staple "nail art look" into my repertoire.

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment