Monday 11 August 2014

A Rip in Time & Space

Hello!

Sorry it's been awhile. A few different things have been keeping me busy the last couple weeks, but it's all been good!

A couple weeks ago I did this mani, and for the first time tagged myself into a trending theme. This thread was started by The Nail Art Guild, a small group of nail bloggers I follow on Instagram. I'm happy to say this mani has gotten more likes than I've ever received before! For a newbie like myself, hitting just over 100 likes (about 105 last count), is very thrilling!



This theme was Time & Space, so I decided to interpret a wormhole, a rip in the space-time-continuum.

nebula, before the rip
I actually freakin' love this nebula look before I added extra streaks and sparks - but it didn't represent the theme well enough for me so I had to take it to that next level. However, next straight-up galaxy mani I do HAS to have a nebula like this!

I started with a black base of Essie Licorice. Then with a makeup sponge I did a bit of a circle gradient plus random spots with Sally Hansen White On, bondi nyc Blue Skies, Misa Blue Over a Boy, China Glaze Orange Knockout, Misa A Sunny Smile Makes Me Go Wild and bondi nyc Fuschia-istic. Using a few of those colours I also took a detail brush and drew light outward streaks from a centre point - the tiny dot is actually Dance Legend New Prisms Optical Illusion.

wormhole mani!

I continued to add the coloured streaks, added a few light black streaks on top of the colour for dimension, and a few white spots. To soften the look I added little splotches of white and grey in the form of Nfu-Oh Jelly Syrup 01 & 04. Topped with KBShimmer I Only Have Ice For you and a coat of Cult Nails Wax That (after Seche Vite, of course).

I'm so proud of these results that I plan on tagging myself into more themes in the future!

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment