Wednesday 19 November 2014

WINTER HAS ARRIVED

Hello!

Wow. Winter has seriously walloped North America. I did this mani on Saturday, not realizing how fitting this would be today.


If you didn't already know, Polar Bear Dip is inspired by a frozen Lake Ontario, and here it is portrayed as a frozen Lake Ontario! Our Winter of '99 is inspired by the infamous year our mayor called in the national army to help us out of a storm - and here it is falling over the city skyline.

I started with a base of Colors by Llarowe Precious Metal, it has beautiful shimmer that didn't come through in my pix. The skyline and tree is freehanded with my Konad Gold Black. For a bit more silvery icy-ness I added a bit of CoverGirl Silver Lining on the lake and building up under the tree.
I'm so proud of this mani!

To be serious for a second though - our thoughts are with those in Buffalo right now. Please don't go out if you don't have to, keep your loved ones close and cuddle your fur buddies!

Stay safe!

-L

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing mani; so we know who to blame for this white stuff we've been having the last few days? lol

    ReplyDelete