Tuesday 9 September 2014

31 Day Nail Art Challenge, Day 1 - Red

Hello!

So here we go. I don't know where and when this challenge started, but I've been vaguely aware of it through the nail blogosphere for about a year. I don't know why I decided to start. I guess because I noticed it on day one and realized I wasn't behind yet!

I will be out of town for a few days to attend a wedding this month, so I already know I won't have the time to complete all the challenges - but I figure I can at least give it a go while I'm in the country.

Day 1 - Roses are Red

A classic interpretation (and hey, this was started on a whim).


I was hoping the contrast in textures would be more obvious, but nothing wrong with a little subtlety from time to time (I guess, ha).
I used a base of bondi nyc Horny Mistress (still lovin' that name!), with a-England Rose Bower on my pinky. I stamped the roses from Pueen Encore 03A and carefully filled them in with Rose Bower. I was quite pleased that I didn't have to reverse stamp these roses to get that same effect!


I don't wear red nails very often, but I really did enjoy the classic 'femme fatale' look.

Anyway, wish me luck as I try my best to keep up with all the amazingly talented participants in this years 31 Day Nail Art Challenge (which will referred to as #31dc2014 henceforth).

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment